Saturday, June 9, 2012

[nslu2-linux] Re: UPnP client for streaming music into the slug

 

I've been using Twonkymedia for some years now. http://twonky.com/products/twonkylinux/default.aspx
At times a bit slow but once streaming is OK. I pick it up on my xbox360
Hope that helps

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, DaylanDarby <DaylanDarby@...> wrote:
>
> I also have a slug connected to a USB sound dongle (with the other USB
> connected to a 1T music bearing disk). I also use mdp, but control
> (vol+, vol-, next, toggle) it via scripts connected to icons on my main
> Linux desktop.
>
> If I understand what you are trying to do and wanted to do the same I
> would just write some more scripts to have the slug scan the network (or
> specific) devices for new music and copy or mount it and reconfigure mdp
> to use the new music.
>
> On 06/02/2012 02:32 AM, Harsh wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone found a UPnP client that runs well off as slug for
> > streaming music?
> >
> > For a bit of background, I have a slug connected to a USB sound dongle
> > which plays music through an external amplifier. I currently just use
> > mpd and remote control the music via lirc. But I would much rather use
> > UPnP and stream media from my pc/phone/etc into the slug and out to
> > the sound system. From what I read, minidlna allows the reverse
> > (right?) so while it is interesting, its not what I'm looking for.
> >
> > I tried looking into xbmc but it looks like a gigantic package so am
> > taking a stab at compiling a small headless version of it if possible
> > (its still downloading from git). Does anyone know of any other UPnP
> > client player I can use thats light on memory and works well with the
> > slug?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Harsh.
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment