Thursday, June 14, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Live CD/DVD

 

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:25:21PM -0000, KLaus wrote:
> I cannot test any Linux live-distro!
> I like to test an Ubuntu Live cd/dvd but on my Windows 7 64-bit machine but failed.
> The DVD is booting properly but the Installation ends up with a black screen every time.
> By the way this happens with all live-distros
> I have an Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 motherboard, an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970 Processor and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics.

What other live distros have you tried. I would recommend trying Fedora's liveCD. Mint, though very similar to Ubuntu, sometimes works when Ubuntu
doesn't. Does the gigabyte board have an NVidia card. Due to various political reasons, and possibly legal ones, Many versions of Linux aren't able to supply NVidia drivers.

Another one that I have seen mentioned as being good at hardware detection is pinguy.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

The Master: You were destined to die, it was written.
Buffy: What can I say? I flunked the written.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment