Saturday, June 2, 2012

[nslu2-linux] UPnP client for streaming music into the slug

 

Hi,

Has anyone found a UPnP client that runs well off as slug for streaming music?

For a bit of background, I have a slug connected to a USB sound dongle which plays music through an external amplifier. I currently just use mpd and remote control the music via lirc. But I would much rather use UPnP and stream media from my pc/phone/etc into the slug and out to the sound system. From what I read, minidlna allows the reverse (right?) so while it is interesting, its not what I'm looking for.

I tried looking into xbmc but it looks like a gigantic package so am taking a stab at compiling a small headless version of it if possible (its still downloading from git). Does anyone know of any other UPnP client player I can use thats light on memory and works well with the slug?

Thanks,
Harsh.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment