Sunday, June 3, 2012

[nslu2-linux] rtorrent with magnet link & color ui support

 

Hi all,

I just successfully compiled rtorrent for SlugOS 5.3 beta (BE), using my Ubuntu lucid (32bits) box.

For anyone interested, I documented all the required steps to take from scratch,

http://nslugr.co.cc/wiki/doku.php?id=armv5teb_cross_compiler 
http://nslugr.co.cc/wiki/doku.php?id=rtorrent_compilation 

A couple of things to mention,

  • When trying to build the cross-compiler, I ran into 2 problems that are not documented on the site (or anywhere for that matter). First, the version of fakeroot that is needed is no longer available in the debian repositories. Second, a couple of source files for the glibc headers need to be edited.
  • When trying to compile rtorrent, I ran into several problems, but the most difficult to fix was that I was able to compile it with no errors, but at run time, whenever a torrent finished downloading and started seeding, the program crashed with the following error,

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'torrent::close_connection' what():  std::exception Aborted

It took me while to figure all this out, but hopefully this will help someone that is on the same situation I was in.

Thanks.

-Hugo de Luna

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment