Monday, September 3, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions

 

Well I pulled out a Dual-Opteron that I had put aside, it's pci-x sata controller went bad...anyway I had forgotten I had put Kubuntu 11.04 on it, at least it had it's original desktop on an IDE/PATA hard drive. I checked and it had one of my favorite games on it, Kshisen. This game has become very slow on recent distros, but alright on my old Kubuntu/Gnome 10.04, it was also fast on this 11.04.

True on my other desktop towers I use LXDE, although I did test Mint Mate on my Intel Dual-604 Xeon and LXDE, but this Kshisen was still slow, then I had to retire it, its CMOS has become damaged and no longer talks to its PCI slots.

Any ideas?

Joan in Reno

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment