Monday, September 3, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions

 

To update...I put another hard disk in the dual-Opteron and installed the new Kubuntu 12.04.1 64-bit and it had a slow version of the game, too. The Muon Package Manager said something in the notes for it that leads me to believe they know it has problems, but they think games aren't important. That's stupid, coming from the Windows world and DOS before that, games are how most folks start to learn their computers.

Heck when one of mine or client's computers are installing, updating or scanning, I use another computer to do something else, and that includes some games. Doesn't anyone else have KDE-based games that are running slow?

Joan in Reno

--- On Mon, 9/3/12, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
To: linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 1:42 PM

 

Well I pulled out a Dual-Opteron that I had put aside, it's pci-x sata controller went bad...anyway I had forgotten I had put Kubuntu 11.04 on it, at least it had it's original desktop on an IDE/PATA hard drive. I checked and it had one of my favorite games on it, Kshisen. This game has become very slow on recent distros, but alright on my old Kubuntu/Gnome 10.04, it was also fast on this 11.04.

True on my other desktop towers I use LXDE, although I did test Mint Mate on my Intel Dual-604 Xeon and LXDE, but this Kshisen was still slow, then I had to retire it, its CMOS has become damaged and no longer talks to its PCI slots.

Any ideas?

Joan in Reno

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment