Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions

 

I couldn't find Synaptic, after I downloaded it, wonder where KDE put it? I'll try Xshisen on it.

Thanks,
Joan in Reno

--- On Tue, 9/4/12, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 5:12 AM

If the game runs slowly on your machine then you might want to look at
alternatives. It runs fine for me on 12.04, 64-bit, but all machines are
different. It sounds more that it requires more resources than your machine
can deliver. There is xshisen and many other mahjong type games in the
repositories. I would not use Muon, BTW. I use either Synaptic or apt-get
and will not use Muon or Software Centre unless I have to.

Roy
Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
Location: Canada

On 4 September 2012 01:54, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> To update...I put another hard disk in the dual-Opteron and installed the
> new Kubuntu 12.04.1 64-bit and it had a slow version of the game, too. The
> Muon Package Manager said something in the notes for it that leads me to
> believe they know it has problems, but they think games aren't important.
> That's stupid, coming from the Windows world and DOS before that, games are
> how most folks start to learn their computers.
>
> Heck when one of mine or client's computers are installing, updating or
> scanning, I use another computer to do something else, and that includes
> some games. Doesn't anyone else have KDE-based games that are running slow?
>
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Mon, 9/3/12, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
> To: linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 1:42 PM
>
>
>
>
> Well I pulled out a Dual-Opteron that I had put aside, it's pci-x sata
> controller went bad...anyway I had forgotten I had put Kubuntu 11.04 on it,
> at least it had it's original desktop on an IDE/PATA hard drive. I checked
> and it had one of my favorite games on it, Kshisen. This game has become
> very slow on recent distros, but alright on my old Kubuntu/Gnome 10.04, it
> was also fast on this 11.04.
>
> True on my other desktop towers I use LXDE, although I did test Mint Mate
> on my Intel Dual-604 Xeon and LXDE, but this Kshisen was still slow, then I
> had to retire it, its CMOS has become damaged and no longer talks to its
> PCI slots.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Joan in Reno
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment