Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions

Synaptic goes into the System sub-menu or press Alt+F2 and type synaptic.

Roy
Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 4 September 2012 12:58, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I couldn't find Synaptic, after I downloaded it, wonder where KDE put it?
> I'll try Xshisen on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Tue, 9/4/12, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 5:12 AM
>
> If the game runs slowly on your machine then you might want to look at
> alternatives. It runs fine for me on 12.04, 64-bit, but all machines are
> different. It sounds more that it requires more resources than your machine
> can deliver. There is xshisen and many other mahjong type games in the
> repositories. I would not use Muon, BTW. I use either Synaptic or apt-get
> and will not use Muon or Software Centre unless I have to.
>
> Roy
> Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
> On 4 September 2012 01:54, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > To update...I put another hard disk in the dual-Opteron and installed the
> > new Kubuntu 12.04.1 64-bit and it had a slow version of the game, too.
> The
> > Muon Package Manager said something in the notes for it that leads me to
> > believe they know it has problems, but they think games aren't important.
> > That's stupid, coming from the Windows world and DOS before that, games
> are
> > how most folks start to learn their computers.
> >
> > Heck when one of mine or client's computers are installing, updating or
> > scanning, I use another computer to do something else, and that includes
> > some games. Doesn't anyone else have KDE-based games that are running
> slow?
> >
> > Joan in Reno
> >
> > --- On Mon, 9/3/12, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
> > Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
> > To: linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 1:42 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Well I pulled out a Dual-Opteron that I had put aside, it's pci-x sata
> > controller went bad...anyway I had forgotten I had put Kubuntu 11.04 on
> it,
> > at least it had it's original desktop on an IDE/PATA hard drive. I
> checked
> > and it had one of my favorite games on it, Kshisen. This game has become
> > very slow on recent distros, but alright on my old Kubuntu/Gnome 10.04,
> it
> > was also fast on this 11.04.
> >
> > True on my other desktop towers I use LXDE, although I did test Mint Mate
> > on my Intel Dual-604 Xeon and LXDE, but this Kshisen was still slow,
> then I
> > had to retire it, its CMOS has become damaged and no longer talks to its
> > PCI slots.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Joan in Reno
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment