Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions

 

Found it...but I did find an answer to my KShisen problem while looking for an answer to another problem while on the Mageia site, the errata stated to turn off the sound on that game. On another computer, I had tried the latest Zorin Lite, but couldn't get it to print right. So I went and tried Mageia, but I've grown too used to the Ubuntu-style one password, and like a newbie I made them the same, so I'm in a Login Loop...never seen a desktop.
On to Google to find how to change the User password from a Live CD, I guess.
Thanks,Joan in Reno

--- On Tue, 9/4/12, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 10:44 AM

Synaptic goes into the System sub-menu or press Alt+F2 and type synaptic.

Roy
Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
Location: Canada

On 4 September 2012 12:58, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I couldn't find Synaptic, after I downloaded it, wonder where KDE put it?
> I'll try Xshisen on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Tue, 9/4/12, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 5:12 AM
>
> If the game runs slowly on your machine then you might want to look at
> alternatives. It runs fine for me on 12.04, 64-bit, but all machines are
> different. It sounds more that it requires more resources than your machine
> can deliver. There is xshisen and many other mahjong type games in the
> repositories. I would not use Muon, BTW. I use either Synaptic or apt-get
> and will not use Muon or Software Centre unless I have to.
>
> Roy
> Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
> On 4 September 2012 01:54, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > To update...I put another hard disk in the dual-Opteron and installed the
> > new Kubuntu 12.04.1 64-bit and it had a slow version of the game, too.
> The
> > Muon Package Manager said something in the notes for it that leads me to
> > believe they know it has problems, but they think games aren't important.
> > That's stupid, coming from the Windows world and DOS before that, games
> are
> > how most folks start to learn their computers.
> >
> > Heck when one of mine or client's computers are installing, updating or
> > scanning, I use another computer to do something else, and that includes
> > some games. Doesn't anyone else have KDE-based games that are running
> slow?
> >
> > Joan in Reno
> >
> > --- On Mon, 9/3/12, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
> > Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] KDE questions
> > To: linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 1:42 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Well I pulled out a Dual-Opteron that I had put aside, it's pci-x sata
> > controller went bad...anyway I had forgotten I had put Kubuntu 11.04 on
> it,
> > at least it had it's original desktop on an IDE/PATA hard drive. I
> checked
> > and it had one of my favorite games on it, Kshisen. This game has become
> > very slow on recent distros, but alright on my old Kubuntu/Gnome 10.04,
> it
> > was also fast on this 11.04.
> >
> > True on my other desktop towers I use LXDE, although I did test Mint Mate
> > on my Intel Dual-604 Xeon and LXDE, but this Kshisen was still slow,
> then I
> > had to retire it, its CMOS has become damaged and no longer talks to its
> > PCI slots.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Joan in Reno
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment