Monday, February 1, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Thanks for all the feedback about Mint & new ?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Susan Muska <sdp30564@> wrote:
> >
> > OK, I'll try again to create a liveCD this time for Mint. While I followed the directions for several burners and understand the difference between copying a file verses an image. I would always get an error when trying to boot from the disk. Good thing I have a big stack of blank CDs. ;o)
> >
<snip>
>
> There are a couple of things you can do to improve your burn:
> 1. Check the MD5 check sum on your download. If you don't know how
> to do that, just ask
> 2. Slow the speed way down
>
> Usually works for me. Most burners always select max speed and I
> find that rarely works correctly.
>
> Loyal
>
I use Brasero for my burns. It may not get the highest ratings but it does automate the MD5 and I've burned many disks with success.
Mark

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment