Friday, November 11, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] F16

 

I am giving Fedora 16 a spin but have a problem early on.

It installed fine. The installer wasn't very good, but that is another
story. When Fedora asked for my user name I had a problem. It would
not type the letter y. Instead it gave me a z. Lots of letters were
mixed up. I went ahead with the installation because by that point it
was already on my system because Fedora asks for your user name
post-installation.

When I got in I found the keyboard was set for Switzerland and my
timezone was set for there too. I am 100% sure that I selected Toronto
because it was set for New York as default and I scrolled down the
list to get Toronto. I also remember setting the keyboard to US
because I always have language and keyboard setup different from the
default (keyboard US, language UK). Anyway, I got in and could not
type much. I changed the keyboard to US.

Here is the problem: none of my passwords work because of course they
are just dots and I cannot see and the password I gave is unknown
because of the keyboard switch. That goes for both user and root. I
can switch the keyboard back to Switzerland to get root access but I
can't type anything worthwhile. I could change the root and user
password if only I knew what they were. :)

Any suggestions?

Roy

Using Fedora16, 64-bit
Location: Canada

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment