Monday, November 21, 2011

[nslu2-linux] using stock pogo rootfs externally from usb with optware

 

I have an NSLU2 and bought a pink pogo to replace it but wanted everything running from the usb like the nslu2 so as not use the flash in rw mode. I found an easy way to do this on a pogo was to make a copy of the stock rootfs to the usb stick, then use the /boot/uImage from archlinux in conjunction with jeff's uboot, and finally overlaying the /lib and /dev directories from archlinux.

I've been using the pogo and optware externally from usb for a couple of days and it seems to work fine and I can pull the usb stick anytime and revert back to the original pogo plug if needed, or erase and redo my optware from scratch. Not sure anyone else is doing it this way or just me, but thought I would mention it.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment