Monday, November 14, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: F16

All is well. I fixed it and have bee happily using it for 24 hours and
counting. You are right though; re-installing usually works best int he
end. It is often quicker given how fast Linux installs as long as
you have a separate home partition. :)

Thanks.

Roy

Using Fedora 16, 64-bit
Location: Canada
On 12 November 2011 09:07, westmi <west.mi420@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
> >
> > I am giving Fedora 16 a spin but have a problem early on.
> >
> > It installed fine. The installer wasn't very good, but that is another
> > story. When Fedora asked for my user name I had a problem. It would
> > not type the letter y. Instead it gave me a z. Lots of letters were
> > mixed up. I went ahead with the installation because by that point it
> > was already on my system because Fedora asks for your user name
> > post-installation.
> >
> > When I got in I found the keyboard was set for Switzerland and my
> > timezone was set for there too. I am 100% sure that I selected Toronto
> > because it was set for New York as default and I scrolled down the
> > list to get Toronto. I also remember setting the keyboard to US
> > because I always have language and keyboard setup different from the
> > default (keyboard US, language UK). Anyway, I got in and could not
> > type much. I changed the keyboard to US.
> >
> > Here is the problem: none of my passwords work because of course they
> > are just dots and I cannot see and the password I gave is unknown
> > because of the keyboard switch. That goes for both user and root. I
> > can switch the keyboard back to Switzerland to get root access but I
> > can't type anything worthwhile. I could change the root and user
> > password if only I knew what they were. :)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Roy
> >
> > Using Fedora16, 64-bit
> > Location: Canada
> >
> I would just re-install it again- it isn't that big of a deal.
> Just make sure you get the keyboard right :)
> D
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment