Saturday, November 19, 2011

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: rng-tools bugs in slugos/BE-4.8-beta

 


On 11/19/2011 3:39 AM, Jimmy C. Chau wrote:
>
> I've been investigating this some more (this time with
> SlugOSBE-5.3-beta) and it seems like there isn't a hardware random
> number generator. There isn't any mention of one in the datasheet that
> I could find for the IPX422
> <http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/168291/INTEL/FWIXP422BB.html>.
> And if I try to read it, I get nothing even after waiting several
> minutes (I do get something from it initially, but subsequent reads
> yield nothing, even a long while later).

The IXP420 in the NSLU2 lacks the encryption unit, which is what
provides the hardware random numbers.

-Mike (mwester)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment