Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: HP Scanjet 5100c

 

Thanks for that Joan, saw this site but what I do not understand is this line:
Insert a new line near the line 1008 (in the list of export symbols):
1
EXPORT_SYMBOL(parport_get_port);

My question is where do I insert it?

thanks

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Joan Leach <jleach728@...> wrote:
>
> I Googled and found this, but you may want to check it it would still work through their Forum:
> http://laffers.net/howtos/how-to-install-hp-scanjet-5100c-on-suse-linux/
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Tue, 11/15/11, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> From: Roy <linuxcanuck@...>
> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] HP Scanjet 5100c
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 5:46 AM
>
> I am not a SuSE user and you will not find many around, so it you do not
> get an answer here try: http://forums.opensuse.org/
>
> or
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/suse-novell-60/
>
> Hope you get your answer,
>
> Roy
>
> Using Fedora 16, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 14 November 2011 20:15, Cristina <rapiertoledana@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am using Opensuse 11.4, love it super stable only one draw back, I have
> > an old HP Scanjet 5100c flatbed scanner and I tried connecting it to my PC
> > but it does not recognize the scanner.
> >
> > After some searching on the internet I discovered that I need two drivers,
> > PPSCSI and EPST Module.
> >
> > My Question is where do I find these drivers and how do I install them in
> > opensuse?
> >
> > Help please, I am really green at Linux OS systems and I have found out
> > that things are a bit different but I do not want to go back to Windows.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rod
> >
> > 
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment