Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] need help with centos configuring virtualbox comand line

sent from a mobile device
On Nov 30, 2011 8:01 PM, "Rodger" <rodger@rodgerbruce.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> I have centos 6 installed and I have
> also installed VirtualBox. I desire to setup several virtual machines for
> testing and learning purposes. I have a 8way server 16 cores and 32gigs of
> ram. I dont have xwindows or any gui installed figured would be better to
> learn from command line. I have also installed Virtualbox and Have
> VBoxManage tool for cli. I created vm and registered it but must be
missing
> something. I would like to be able to install iso operating image from
> another server that has my storage drives. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

What do you mean by 'I created vm'...? Does that mean you've gotten the
point of finishing the installation of an OS in vbox? A specific
UI/application? I've not worked with vbox in a headless environment, but
even so, with a beter understanding of what you are having an issue with,
maybe I or someone else can better help. Also, did you install vbox
through the centOS package manager (I have no idea what that distro uses,
maybe dpkg?), or did you compile vbox from source (and if so did you set
any options or check for conflicts in dependencies?)
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment