Saturday, November 12, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: F16

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I am giving Fedora 16 a spin but have a problem early on.
>
> It installed fine. The installer wasn't very good, but that is another
> story. When Fedora asked for my user name I had a problem. It would
> not type the letter y. Instead it gave me a z. Lots of letters were
> mixed up. I went ahead with the installation because by that point it
> was already on my system because Fedora asks for your user name
> post-installation.
>
> When I got in I found the keyboard was set for Switzerland and my
> timezone was set for there too. I am 100% sure that I selected Toronto
> because it was set for New York as default and I scrolled down the
> list to get Toronto. I also remember setting the keyboard to US
> because I always have language and keyboard setup different from the
> default (keyboard US, language UK). Anyway, I got in and could not
> type much. I changed the keyboard to US.
>
> Here is the problem: none of my passwords work because of course they
> are just dots and I cannot see and the password I gave is unknown
> because of the keyboard switch. That goes for both user and root. I
> can switch the keyboard back to Switzerland to get root access but I
> can't type anything worthwhile. I could change the root and user
> password if only I knew what they were. :)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Roy
>
> Using Fedora16, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
I would just re-install it again- it isn't that big of a deal.
Just make sure you get the keyboard right :)
D

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment