Tuesday, May 8, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 12.04LTS Problem

 

To answer another, yes, I tried direct connecting with ethernet cable and it still quits after ten seconds. Frustrating. I went to the madwifi site and I have no idea how to build or what even to click there. I still do not know what the problem is. I can not stay online long enough to download anything helpful. If I do find something that would help, I guess I could put it on a thumb drive and try that, but I have no idea what the problem is. Never had the problem with the previous Ubuntu versions. Just the latest upgrade. How do I go back without losing all my stuff? I would still like to figure out what the problem is. I am still thinking it is something simple. I just do not know where to look. Any other suggestions from anyone? Thank you for all the responses so far. Looks like I still need help to figure it out. Missing my puter :(

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Knowledge Seeker <knowledgeseeker78@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I also have Toshiba satellite series laptop (old model though).
> If the wifi in your laptop of "Athreos", then I suggest you a solution.
> Google "madwifi". Actually you have to build the madwifi, to support
> "Athreos".
>
> This issue started in my laptop long back, I guess since ubuntu-9
> or ubuntu - 10. Not able to recall properly though.
>
> --
> Knowledge Seeker
>
>
> On 5/3/2012 7:49 AM, Scott wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:14:53PM -0000, Gabrielle wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > A couple of days ago I saw that there was a new, large download for
> > the newest Ubuntu version. I happily clicked yes and downloaded it to
> > replace my version 11 something. After it was done and rebooted it
> > asked for the authentication for the wireless network. No problem. I
> > have Verizon FIOS and got the number off the verizon box, entered it
> > and it connected no problem. About 10 seconds later a window said,
> > disconnecting and said I was now offline and the add Key number window
> > popped up again. So, I went into the settings and it even said connect
> > automatically on startup. Hmmmm. I again entered the key code and
> > again it connected and again it disconnected after about 10 seconds.
> > > I never had this problem before and can not for the life of me
> > figure out what else I am missing. I am sure it is something simple. I
> > can not even find out if I like the new 12.04 or not. I have it on my
> > Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop, which is dual boot. Any suggestions as
> > to what else I may have missed?
> >
> > It may be a driver issue, with there being a regression in the new
> > kernel, that doesn't work as well with your network card. It may be a
> > NetworkManager update. I have a page that goes through testing if it's
> > the network configuration tool, which, though written more for Fedora,
> > might be useful.
> >
> > http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/wireless.html
> > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ecomputertaijutsu/wireless.html>
> >
> > --
> > Scott Robbins
> > PGP keyID EB3467D6
> > ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> > gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
> >
> > Xander: This is just too much. I mean, yesterday's my life like,
> > uh oh, pop quiz. Today, it's rain of toads.
> >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment