Friday, May 4, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 12.04LTS Problem

 

Hi,
I also have Toshiba satellite series laptop (old model though).
If the wifi in your laptop of "Athreos", then I suggest you a solution.
Google "madwifi". Actually you have to build the madwifi, to support
"Athreos".

This issue started in my laptop long back, I guess since ubuntu-9
or ubuntu - 10. Not able to recall properly though.

--
Knowledge Seeker

On 5/3/2012 7:49 AM, Scott wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:14:53PM -0000, Gabrielle wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > A couple of days ago I saw that there was a new, large download for
> the newest Ubuntu version. I happily clicked yes and downloaded it to
> replace my version 11 something. After it was done and rebooted it
> asked for the authentication for the wireless network. No problem. I
> have Verizon FIOS and got the number off the verizon box, entered it
> and it connected no problem. About 10 seconds later a window said,
> disconnecting and said I was now offline and the add Key number window
> popped up again. So, I went into the settings and it even said connect
> automatically on startup. Hmmmm. I again entered the key code and
> again it connected and again it disconnected after about 10 seconds.
> > I never had this problem before and can not for the life of me
> figure out what else I am missing. I am sure it is something simple. I
> can not even find out if I like the new 12.04 or not. I have it on my
> Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop, which is dual boot. Any suggestions as
> to what else I may have missed?
>
> It may be a driver issue, with there being a regression in the new
> kernel, that doesn't work as well with your network card. It may be a
> NetworkManager update. I have a page that goes through testing if it's
> the network configuration tool, which, though written more for Fedora,
> might be useful.
>
> http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/wireless.html
> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ecomputertaijutsu/wireless.html>
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
> ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
>
> Xander: This is just too much. I mean, yesterday's my life like,
> uh oh, pop quiz. Today, it's rain of toads.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment