Saturday, May 26, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: alix 3d3 thin client

 

Hi

Thank you for this information, I have had some success, I have installed
centos 5 onto A 2GB CF card, the problem is it does not have a GUI, so I'm
now stuck with trying to find out how to install software, anyhow first
problem now overcome.

I used a bit of software called physdiskwrite to get the image onto the CF
CARD.

Alan





-------Original Message-------

From: catbit_1999
Date: 26/05/2012 02:32:04
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: alix 3d3 thin client




--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alanm0aqc@...> wrote:
>
> hi guys
>
> can anyone please help me.
>
> i have an astrix 3d3 thin client pc, its a small alix board.
>
> i have been trying to get a working copy of linux ubuntu or centos
installed onto a flash card to run on this board, i have tried now for 4
weeks and ive got no where.

I know nothing about Alix boards, but a friend who was browsing this group
suggested I post this link for you.
http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm

It seems to have some preconfigured images as well as some install
instructions.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment