Wednesday, May 2, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 12.04LTS Problem

 

Greetings,

A couple of days ago I saw that there was a new, large download for the newest Ubuntu version. I happily clicked yes and downloaded it to replace my version 11 something. After it was done and rebooted it asked for the authentication for the wireless network. No problem. I have Verizon FIOS and got the number off the verizon box, entered it and it connected no problem. About 10 seconds later a window said, disconnecting and said I was now offline and the add Key number window popped up again. So, I went into the settings and it even said connect automatically on startup. Hmmmm. I again entered the key code and again it connected and again it disconnected after about 10 seconds.
I never had this problem before and can not for the life of me figure out what else I am missing. I am sure it is something simple. I can not even find out if I like the new 12.04 or not. I have it on my Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop, which is dual boot. Any suggestions as to what else I may have missed?
Thank you

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment