Thursday, May 10, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 12.04LTS Problem

You should not have to go to Windows. Open a terminal.

Type or paste (Shift-Ctrl-V): lspci | grep -i net
*
*
Roy
*
*
Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 9 May 2012 22:02, G.Linuxducks <g.linuxducks@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> You can not even get broadband/dsl connection ? ethernet cable in from
> the modem ?
> For wireless if I am not mistaken the madwifi trip is towards buying a
> driver for wireless which is probably not necessary. Proprietary driver
> for wireless.
>
> I have been chasing a similar situation over at Debian with an EEEPC
> netbook. There should be a similar link at Ubuntu about which wireless
> modem cards are compatible - as you say an older model. But since you
> have been using apparently up to 11.04 or higher, it sems doubtful at
> this point Ubuntu would have been chucking support for legacy NIC cards.
>
> You got to re- aline. You said dual boot right? Go into windows and find
> the name and model of your built in wi-fi card (Wireless modem or NIC
> Card). Apparently it is built in rather than you add an external
> wireless card ?
>
> gerald philly pa usa
>
> On 05/08/2012 12:05 PM, Gabrielle wrote:
> > To answer another, yes, I tried direct connecting with ethernet cable
> and it still quits after ten seconds. Frustrating. I went to the madwifi
> site and I have no idea how to build or what even to click there. I still
> do not know what the problem is. I can not stay online long enough to
> download anything helpful. If I do find something that would help, I guess
> I could put it on a thumb drive and try that, but I have no idea what the
> problem is. Never had the problem with the previous Ubuntu versions. Just
> the latest upgrade. How do I go back without losing all my stuff? I would
> still like to figure out what the problem is. I am still thinking it is
> something simple. I just do not know where to look. Any other suggestions
> from anyone? Thank you for all the responses so far. Looks like I still
> need help to figure it out. Missing my puter :(
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Knowledge
> Seeker<knowledgeseeker78@...> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I also have Toshiba satellite series laptop (old model though).
> >> If the wifi in your laptop of "Athreos", then I suggest you a solution.
> >> Google "madwifi". Actually you have to build the madwifi, to support
> >> "Athreos".
> >>
> >> This issue started in my laptop long back, I guess since ubuntu-9
> >> or ubuntu - 10. Not able to recall properly though.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Knowledge Seeker
> >>
> >>
> >> On 5/
> >>
> ---------cut---------------cut-------------------/
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment