Thursday, May 3, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to see my Router

 

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:23:04PM -0400, Donald J. Tambeau wrote:
> Hello Scott,
> I am physically connected with a cable.

Ok, that's fine, I had misunderstood.

My computer is a Dell XPS M1210 laptop. This laptop also has onboard WIFI which I have not yet got it to work with Linux. It also has onboard Bluetooth which I have not tried to access under Centos.

These might be tricky with CentOS. Generally, one tries to get to card
listing from the command lspci (or just google Dell XPS M1210 wireless
linux, but that's another issue, so let's do one thing at a time.

This computer worked well under Window 7 and both Wifi and Bluetooth functioned well under that operating system. Right now I would like to rectify my problems with access to the Cisco Linksys E2000 for now. From the above, I think you will realize that I am really new to Linux but willing to learn. Any help you can give me will be much appreciated. How can I see or how can I edit the settings on the Cisco Linksys E2000? Thank you.

Usually, a Linksys creates itself an address of 192.168.1.1 and you can
view that in any web browser of a computer that's connected to it. That
is, in the Linux machine, if it's going to the router, what happens if
you type, in the web browser's address bar

192.168.1.1

Doesn't it take you to the router interface?

I have a feeling I'm misunderstanding the question though. :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Giles: Since Angel lost his soul, he's regained his sense of
whimsy.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment