Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 12.04LTS Problem

 

You can not even get broadband/dsl connection ? ethernet cable in from
the modem ?
For wireless if I am not mistaken the madwifi trip is towards buying a
driver for wireless which is probably not necessary. Proprietary driver
for wireless.

I have been chasing a similar situation over at Debian with an EEEPC
netbook. There should be a similar link at Ubuntu about which wireless
modem cards are compatible - as you say an older model. But since you
have been using apparently up to 11.04 or higher, it sems doubtful at
this point Ubuntu would have been chucking support for legacy NIC cards.

You got to re- aline. You said dual boot right? Go into windows and find
the name and model of your built in wi-fi card (Wireless modem or NIC
Card). Apparently it is built in rather than you add an external
wireless card ?

gerald philly pa usa

On 05/08/2012 12:05 PM, Gabrielle wrote:
> To answer another, yes, I tried direct connecting with ethernet cable and it still quits after ten seconds. Frustrating. I went to the madwifi site and I have no idea how to build or what even to click there. I still do not know what the problem is. I can not stay online long enough to download anything helpful. If I do find something that would help, I guess I could put it on a thumb drive and try that, but I have no idea what the problem is. Never had the problem with the previous Ubuntu versions. Just the latest upgrade. How do I go back without losing all my stuff? I would still like to figure out what the problem is. I am still thinking it is something simple. I just do not know where to look. Any other suggestions from anyone? Thank you for all the responses so far. Looks like I still need help to figure it out. Missing my puter :(
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Knowledge Seeker<knowledgeseeker78@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I also have Toshiba satellite series laptop (old model though).
>> If the wifi in your laptop of "Athreos", then I suggest you a solution.
>> Google "madwifi". Actually you have to build the madwifi, to support
>> "Athreos".
>>
>> This issue started in my laptop long back, I guess since ubuntu-9
>> or ubuntu - 10. Not able to recall properly though.
>>
>> --
>> Knowledge Seeker
>>
>>
>> On 5/
>>
---------cut---------------cut-------------------/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment