Sunday, December 2, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Thanks Roy and Paul and Arturo

 

Thanks Roy and Paul, My mistake was just that - my mistake.

I had loaded 12.04 on disk and then onto my computer, but it did not work. Everyone said it should connect easily. I didn't understand why I could not get it to work. Then I discovered my mistake. I installed 10.04 instead of 12.04. So I feel very bad for causing such consternation. Thanks for helping.

My next message should be from a Linux Ubuntu 12.04/.10 connection.

Jim in Ohio

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <pfrederick1@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@> wrote:
> >
> > This sounds like a lot of work to get a driver. How can you get
> > build-essential or a driver without either a working wired or wireless
> > connection? I have never heard of this situation with Ubuntu (only Debian
> > with its stripped kernel).
> >
> > I think that something else is wrong because wired works OTB in Ubuntu in
> > just about every case and Atheros is fairly common and should be supported
> > in the kernel. If it was me then I would try the live disk again. Try a web
> > browser in both wired and wireless networking. If the connection works then
> > it should work when installed and something went amiss in the installation.
> > Then I would do a fresh install. I would also consider using the newer
> > Ubuntu 12.10 or Mint 14 unless you need LTS.
> >
> > Roy
> > Using Kubuntu 12.10, 64-bit
> > Location: Canada
>
> If it were me I'd bale on that install too. Some struggles aren't worth the effort.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment