Thursday, December 27, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: NEWBIE with first question

 



Good eveningDo Dez 27 17:45:23 2012
Thank You for help.

> Is this a new feature in 12.04? I stopped recommending and installing
> ubuntu for people because it was all but begging to upgrade from
10.04. It
> simply blew my mind, and not in a good way.

There has to be a way to turn update notifications off. I have two
systems here that still run Debian Lenny and I never get any update
notifications with them.

This PC that I am on now will go to it's grave with the install it is
running now. I'll never upgrade it. I don't think from here on in I'm
even going to update it anymore. Everything works fine as far as I'm
concerned. No change would be for the better.
*
Is it necessary to update every Linux System?
Is it possible to use Linux offline?
For example can I install Blender 2.63, which is new, with an
offline-Ubuntu-Hardy?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (22)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment