Friday, December 21, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Update Pangolin-Quantal

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 5:39 AM, highskywhy@yahoo.de
<highskywhy@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>
>
> Fr Dez 21 12:38:21 2012 Good morning. Thank You for help. I did "The
> update manager GUI will offer you 12.10 Xubuntu" Because I am using
> German language I could only find:"Aktualisierungen." I did it. But my
> feeling ism this is still Pangolin.

open a terminal and type without the quotes "cat /etc/issue" to return
numerical version id
type "cat /etc/lsb-release" to see also the "name" of the distribution.

<snip>
> Another question, I do this once a week, is this ok or should I do more:"sudo rm
> /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get update
> --fix-missing

I don't see any reason to do more. I don't know why you would really
want to remove the list every week anyway. the update command is
designed to take care of that.

> ((Should I delete old emails and only > send the new question for saving space))

You should remove unnecessary information from your posts. But you
should not delete everything, as that makes it very difficult for
someone to know what you are talking about or responding too. Also,
this is a bottom posting group, meaning you should always put your
replies under the previous email like I have been doing here. Thanks!

Sorry I could not
> read:"https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseNotes/XubuntuJoan"
> This I could this:"This page does not exist yet. You can create a new
> empty page, or use one of the page templates. Create new empty page
> Or choose a page template to create an already-formatted page:...."
>
>


------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment