Monday, December 24, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] NEWBIE with first question

 


Mo Dez 24 16:14:24 2012
Good afternoon
Thank You for email and help.
I am deleting the old words always.

On Dec 22, 2012 11:34 AM, "J" <dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com> wrote:
> It may not. Precise was an LTS release and typically, the defaults
> for update-manager are to only show LTS updates when available, so
> Spohie would only see an update notice for 14.04.
Is this a new feature in 12.04? I stopped recommending and installing
ubuntu for people because it was all but begging to upgrade from 10.04. It
simply blew my mind, and not in a good way.
*
Sorry
I did not understand.
Do You want to say
Ubuntus do make trouble?
I think, Xubuntu does have a problem.

I cannot use:
sudo apt-get update
Only I can use:

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update --fix-missing

Regards and thank You
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment