Monday, December 3, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Thanks Roy

 

Thanks Roy, A lot had changed with Ubuntu since I last used it. I will wallow around and try to learn the new processes.

I am sending this message from my Linux Ubuntu OS. I think it is still a lot better than Windows. Now it seems that Linux is able to use many of the same files as Windows. That was my hold-up. Trying to run Windows apps on a Linux OS. Many would work fine, but my banking software needed NFTS and Linux didn't have a good system to use for finances back then.

If I have problems, I will contact this group again. Thank you.

Jim in Ohio

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> Great news. Let us know when it is working to your satisfaction. And do not
> hesitate to ask for help or give it as you feel that you have something to
> share. Experience is the best teacher.
>
> Roy
> Using Kubuntu 12.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 2 December 2012 23:03, Paul <pfrederick1@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jverhovec@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Roy and Paul, My mistake was just that - my mistake.
> > >
> > > I had loaded 12.04 on disk and then onto my computer, but it did not
> > work. Everyone said it should connect easily. I didn't understand why I
> > could not get it to work. Then I discovered my mistake. I installed 10.04
> > instead of 12.04. So I feel very bad for causing such consternation. Thanks
> > for helping.
> > >
> > > My next message should be from a Linux Ubuntu 12.04/.10 connection.
> >
> > I learn the most when things go wrong. You may too.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment