Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: NEWBIE with first question

On Dec 24, 2012 1:14 PM, "Paul" <pfrederick1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, c beck <usabecker@...> wrote:
> >
> > Is this a new feature in 12.04? I stopped recommending and installing
> > ubuntu for people because it was all but begging to upgrade from 10.04.
It
> > simply blew my mind, and not in a good way.
>
> There has to be a way to turn update notifications off. I have two
systems here that still run Debian Lenny and I never get any update
notifications with them.

As with most things ridiculous, there are about 20 different ways to do
that. But when that sort of lunacy hits three systems for friends/family
that I "support" and generates many hours of work amongst uncountable
swears of profanity... I tend to hold a grudge.

>
> This PC that I am on now will go to it's grave with the install it is
running now. I'll never upgrade it. I don't think from here on in I'm even
going to update it anymore. Everything works fine as far as I'm concerned.
No change would be for the better.
>

Amen!

And Merry Holiday...

>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment