Sunday, December 23, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] NEWBIE with first question

 

So Dez 23 16:45:58 2012
Good evening
Thank You for help.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Upgrading from Xubuntu 12.04The update manager GUI will offer you
12.10 Xubuntu (it shows as Ubuntu, but updates Xubuntu);
*
Sorry
I cannot find this?
Where is the button in the gui?
I am using xfce.
> Alternatively, launch a Terminal and enter: sudo
do-release-upgradeThe above is from
> here:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseNotes/Xubuntu
*
sudo do-release-upgrade
Is this the way to update from Pangolin to Quantal.
Is there a problem because I used a DVD Ocelot and during install it was
changed to Pangolin.
I think it was during August 2012.

It may not. Precise was an LTS release and typically, the defaults
for update-manager are to only show LTS updates when available, so
Spohie would only see an update notice for 14.04. To fix that:
*
Sorry I could not understand this.
Edit the file /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and change this line:

Prompt=lts

to this:

Prompt=normal

Then run update-manager and it should discover the Quantal update and
provide the option.
*
Sorry
I could not understand.
Did You describe two ways to update Linux.
a gui
b terminal?

And should I write in terminal:
sudo do-release-upgrade
Or do I have to do more?
I prefer the terminal
a because I can see a list of mistakes
b I can write it in a Txt-file and find it again in April 2013,because
then there is the next update.
Regards
thank You
Sophie
I wish You a relaxed Sunday.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment