Monday, December 24, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Update Pangolin-Quantal

 

Mo Dez 24 16:14:10 2012
Good afternoon

On Dec 23, 2012 9:54 AM, "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de> wrote:
...
> *
> I did it "cat /etc/issuecat" and it said: I am still using Pangolin.
>

I think Jeff had a solution for you in another email that will work.
Should I use:
sudo do-release-upgrade

During doing this
should I stop all programs
like windows during install
or can I using gedit or firefox during update?

> *
> Is this right:The advance of the terminal is, You can see a list of
mistakes?

That could be one benefit. Terminal programs also tend to be pretty
consistent from year to year and between distributions. Graphic
programs can be drastically overhauled pretty frequently and some
developers can love moving menus all over the place. Not as big of a
concern for core programs I a big established distribution like ubuntu.
I could write a lot, but my thumbs will get tired. :)

I am using also Siduction.
I was interested in a very "small" Linus like DSL
but only Hardy Ubuntu I could start first.
Now I am using Siduction and Xubuntu Pangolin.
*
Question:
Can I install and use with every Linux-Distribution:
lxde,xfce.gnome,kde?

Is there a meaning to use two GUIs?
The advantage of Xubuntu for me as beginner is,
it is easy to find new software like Gimp or Blender or Xine or VLC or
Inkscape.

Is lxde the most simple GUI?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment