Tuesday, September 27, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Looking for Media player for Ubuntu 11.04

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "kele_hawaii" <kele.96720@...> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I am a real greenhorn/newbie here and have just installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my new WIN 7 computer in a dual-boot config.
>
> I am looking for an audio player, primarily for my own CDs, that has both a sliding scale type graphic equalizer plus the 'bars and waves' spectrum analyzer much as Windows Media Player 11 and earlier have. These two items are important to me as I am producing radio programs for later broadcast and those two things don't seem to be available on what I've found so far. The equalizers on the three I've found only have a selection of presets.
>
> Is there such an 'animal'?
>
> 'Mahalo' in advance
>
> Aloha from Hawaii
>
> Kele
>

I think XMMS might be what you are looking for though honestly I just use grip to make MP3s then listen to those. You can find lots more here:

http://freshmeat.net/search?q=CD+player&submit=Search

At least get the names then look in your package manager to see if you have them to install easily that route.

Like try:

aptitude search xmms

Shows a bunch of stuff so looking at the list xmms2 sounds promising so run:

aptitude show xmms2

if it sounds good then do:

aptitude install xmms2

And enjoy! I hope that helps you. Running an application like synaptic and searching for "CD player" or something might help too. Good luck.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment