Friday, September 30, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Looking for Media player for Ubuntu 11.04

 

I know exactly what you are showing. I use it myself. It is the graphic equalizer - several bands across - that go from bass to mid tome to high and you slide the bars over each to what is preferred.

For instance, for music I use about midway for the bass tones and mid tones a tad under and high treble tones up high which adds clarity. Too much bass and mid tones can cause distortion.

The graphic equalizer controls the sound to exact listening pleasure.

I have seen you mentioned you have a 64 bit computer. I did not know that until now. 64 bit software is just a tad harder to find has been my experience.

Two places I know of are SourceForge.Net
http://sourceforge.net/
and ....
http://linuxappfinder.com/

Of course third party software cautions are observed outside the Linux Software Repository is always a mention from Debian.

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "kele_hawaii" <kele.96720@...> wrote:
>
> Since I'm not sure whether this group accepts attachments, I have put the screen shot of what I'm looking for in a player for Linux on my ComputingForSeniors group home page. It is Windows Media Player 11 as it appears on my display on my Vista system.
>
> Normally it is not 'good' to put the URL of another group on a group but I want all of you who are interested to see exactly what I'm seeking.
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ComputingForSeniors/
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome of course.
>
> Kele
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment