Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: W8 & Linux

 

I thought I was talking to an average consumer. But now this makes sense
because you explain ....
<<<When I do purchase computers I get them with no OS.

You said....
<<<But don't try to guilt trip me your lunacy!>>>
My we're snotty. No lunacy here or your calling the world nuts and
that's mental. Sorry.

I believe it was asked to "top post" in replies ! You are in that minute
minority then that "builds their own computers" type of crowd which are
very very very few in the world. Most people are not suffering "lunacy"
thank you when they pay for a OS preloaded personal computer. It is an
extra hundred or two to put that together and put to market ? They pay
it for a couple reasons.... one it saves all the time and aggravation of
shopping piece by piece to put one together manually. That is worth the
price to the manufacturer to do it for them. Don't you get it ? This YOU
call lunacy.

Number two, how many people in the world know anything about electricity
and electronics and circuit boards and on and on and on. Try explaining
why to get gold tips instead of brass tipped RAM Memory components to
complete a RAM Upgrade and almost all people have no clue as to what you
are talking about. Most people simply drop it off at the shop. THIS you
call LUNACY ?

Ask the average consumer why you are supposed to wear "static straps"
when doing bench work with a desktop computer. Do you actually think you
will get an answer ? If you are so knowledgeable with self building a
computer - GOOD for you ! I happen to have a degree in Electronics and
another family member who has run a Computer Repair Shop for 17 years.

You need customer care public relations courses my friend before you
would ever make your first dollar the way you bad mouth everything. Now
I am not opening any can of worms here and you are free to say as you
wish naturally - BUT I am finished with this and find you extremely rude
and mentally untoward in some manner accusing the world of lunacy
because of the 800 Million Computer Owners purchased theirs with an
Operating System already installed . I have stated several reasons they
have done that. You calling me as one of them - the 800 Million -
"lunacy" to do that has you with the mental disposition that virtually
every person of the 800 Million computers in the world are lunatics.

That is a helluva way to go through life and lonely. You can keep that
type flaming remark to your self as I will not post further to you.
There is definitely something wrong with your mental disposition and you
should seek help or an opinion perhaps. In fact don't go there because I
have a qualified opinion in that I have served as a Layman Residential
Therapist Assistant at a Drug Rehab years ago involved in many
therapeutic applications.

Good day and good bye sir until you are social again !

gerald philly pa usa

On 09/26/2011 08:21 PM, Paul wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>, "g.linuxducks"
> <g.linuxducks@...> wrote:
> >
> > Paul wrote ....
> > <<<In my world preloaded with Linux machines are irrelevant. Do they
> > even still exist? Don't answer that as it is inconsequential.....>>>
> >
> > I mentioned that because I saw it here at Debian Linux....
> > Computer vendors that pre-install Debian
> > http://www.debian.org/distrib/pre-installed
> >
> > ....and you can find that all over a google (or other) search. Okay
> that
> > is your feelings about 'your world'. Inconsequential ? Well maybe
> not to
> > you, but my view was I am becoming maybe as a lot of people that are
> > NEVER going to buy another personal computer with Windows already
> > installed. So is there an alternative for us ? YES is obviously the
> > answer as I have somewhat linked here. This manufacturing hopefully for
> > them is going to continue to grow obviously.
> >
> > You seemed a bit narrow minded as a "Linux Lover". The other point
> is to
> > NOT pay for a Windows copy license to just buy a computer to use with
> > Linux. If you are a Linux Lover - promote it, to share with others your
> > discovery of Linux is my view - just as everyone did with Windows.
> >
> > You can bad mouth Microsoft all you want but the best way to grow
> out of
> > that is to indeed make your next purchase as a preinstalled Linux
> > machine as I intend to do. End of story. Windows ? Never heard of
> you LOL.
>
> By your logic I should trade wasting my money with one vendor for
> wasting my money with another. I fail to see the advantage there for
> me I'm sorry. When I do purchase computers I get them with no OS.
>
> Plenty of people make plenty of money on Linux and don't count on
> making any of it off people like me. They're good with that, I'm good
> with that, so how come you're not good with that? Forget I asked
> because honestly I don't care.
>
> Linux has lost half of its market share on the desktop from its peak
> so it is dying on the platform. If every Linux user ran out tomorrow
> and bought a preinstalled Linux PC it wouldn't change a thing. Linux
> is that inconsequential on the desktop.
>
> If you can't come to grips with reality that is your problem. But
> don't try to guilt trip me your lunacy! Because I haven't bought a PC
> with Windows preinstalled since 1994. When it came time the next year
> to upgrade I did, to Linux.
>
> Oh, and I never said I was a "Linux Lover" Linux is just an OS kernel,
> I've seen it, it isn't much to love:
>
> pfred1@spot:/boot$ head vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-686
> êÀ&#526;&#1550;ÀÐ1äûü¾-¬ Àt ´»Íëò1ÀÍÍêðÿðDirect booting from floppy is
> no longer supported.
> Please use a boot loader program instead.
>
> Remove disk and press any key to reboot . . .
>
> Where's the love? Heh
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment