Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] More About Auto Docking

 

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 15:44, Jerry <bearjercares@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But, if I click shut-down, it suddenly appears.   Anyway, to make
> Alltray come up automatically and perform this function, would I simply
> have to make it part of my start-up programs that comes up every time I
> reboot Ubuntu?  That is if I try the Unity classic or Unity 2D.   But if
> I use KDE, I don't seem to have that problem, so I guess that's what
> I'll stick with.

FWIW, I minimize apps all the time and usually have a ton of stuff
open (multiple terminals, irc, mumble, browsers, thunderbird, etc)
running Unity...

Alt-Tab through the task switcher brings them back all the time. Even
for your use case... I open an e-mail to write, then minimize it to
look up some info or something... then Alt-Tab right to it.

Also, in Unity, if you minimize a window, it docks to the launcher.
Left clicking on the launcher will re-open minimized windows as well.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment