Sunday, September 18, 2011

Re: [nslu2-linux] My slug shutsdown automatically

 

Thanks RF.

It did the trick. My Slug is happily running for more than 48 hours now...

Regards,
Mahesh

On 16 September 2011 03:27, Mahesh Ghule <mahesh.ghule@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks RF,
I will give it a try and see if that helps.

On 13 Sep 2011 16:16, "Ralph & Maria Finch" <ralphmariafinch@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's reported here that odd shutdowns like this can be a problem with the power supply. Try another power supply of similar output voltage and wattage, see if that helps.
>
> RF
>
>
>
> From: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mahesh Ghule
> Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 7:20 AM
> To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [nslu2-linux] My slug shutsdown automatically
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Within about 10 hours of booting my NSLU2 with SlugOS 5.3 Beta automatically shutsdown. There is no Ready/Status LED only Ethernet LED on and the power button light on. The only way I could restart is unplugging power and restarting.
>
> I use this only for MediaTomb and Transmission as Bit torrent client.
>
>
>
> I have been using this setup for more than year with no problems but recently have changed my attached new external hard drive(Western Digital Elements 1TB). The auto shutdown problem started after that.
>
>
>
> I don't know where to find the logs to investigate what is going wrong.
>
>
>
> Please advice or help resolving my problem. Also if needed I would not mind changing the firmware to something else.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mahesh
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment