Thursday, September 29, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Looking for Media player for Ubuntu 11.04

 

"Mahalo" Roy for your suggestion(s). I will do that after I get my machine back from the techie downtown who is doing the job of downgrading the mail program and Windows Media Player from 12 to 11 on my new WIN7 system. I will want to migrate away from Windows over the next year if possible and have a player in Ubuntu that will give me what WMP11 does. I don't have to worry about the POP email problem as I find that Evolution is just fine! It is the equivalent of Windows Mail in Vista.

Using Ubuntu 11, 64 bit
Location: the 'Big Island' of Hawaii.

Kele

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> It is easy to install as many as you like and then remove any that you do
> not like. All are free to use. Installation is a breeze in Software Centre,
> Muon (Kubuntu) or Synaptic. That way you get first hand experience with
> each. I am a VLC, Amarok, Clementine (a fork of old Amarok) and Audacity
> fan. Each is different and all work well. I do not use an equaliser, but
> know that Audacity is great for this, but it is not a player in the
> traditional sense. Exaile is a GTK attempt to emulate Amarok of old. It is
> quite powerful, but not my player of choice. It think that it has an
> equaliser. Most do. You may have to check a menu item or add a plugin in the
> settings to enable it. VLC is like that.
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment