Monday, January 26, 2015

[nslu2-linux] Need help restoring ssh access

 

Ok, I did something really dumb last night. I have a pink Pogoplug v2 with Optware on a usb stick that's I've been using as a lan storage device for my music collection for several years. Recently I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if I could connect to my pogoplug securely over the internet from a remote location (outside the lan) and be able to play my home music files on my remote laptop. The plan was to install sshfs on my Crunchbang laptop so that I could mount my pogoplug music folders remotely. I soon realized that the Dropbear ssh server that is native to my optware doesn't support sshfs. So I would just have to migrate to OpenSSH-server to give me the needed sshfs functionality. I installed openssh with ipkg and set it up to listen for on port 22222 (I didn't want to expose port 22 to the internet with port forwarding). I cautiously left Dropbear listening on port 22 for the time being while I verified that root and user could both ssh to the pogoplug via the new openssh server on 22222. After making sure that everything worked correctly with openssh I uninstalled Dropbear. Things were going great until I rebooted and realized my major blunder... I had forgotten to add an entry to rc.local or rcS to start the ssh daemon at boot. Ouchies! So, you guessed it, no way to ssh in, and no way to fix the problem! I pulled the usb stick and tried to find an autostart.sh or similar file that runs on boot where I could maybe add the missing "/opt/etc/init.d/S40sshd start" command, but I haven't had any luck so far.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could kindly help me to undo this mess I made! Thanks in advance for any thoughts...8-]

-Stevied


__._,_.___

Posted by: stevedemento@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment