Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] HTML Email

 

I am not sure what the point is. You can choose to use text or html email. Different strokes for different folks. Nobody is imposing one or the other on anyone.

Roy


On Monday, January 26, 2015 3:19 PM, "J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com
[LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 02:42:48PM -0500, J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>> Since I mentioned in an earlier thread last week about my loathing of
>> HTML email, I thought I would share, today, an email I got in a
>> different group I moderate elsewhere that sums up nicely exactly why
>> HTML email fills me with rage...
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/b6jkC6l.jpg
>
> Ironically, all that stuff about about don't print if unnecessary is going
> to add several lines to it, making it more likely that a second page will
> be printed.

Yep. The full email I took the screen shot took 3 printed pages
(according to print preview), the text bits INCLUDING my un-trimmed
original posting to that list would have only taken half a page, maybe
a full page if printed with full headers.


__._,_.___

Posted by: Linux Canuck <linuxcanuck@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment