Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Need help restoring ssh access

 

Hello!
That should work. I've gone over similar pages concerning the same
style plug, (mine is in black.) However I'm more interested in how you
managed to get Optware to run on it.
The pages on the regular site are not completely clear on that one.
However what operating system is your laptop running? This is running
Windows Seven. Drivers do not exist for 8, but may exist for Linux and
of course for the Mac.

I normally use FTDI based adapters.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM, stevedemento@yahoo.com [nslu2-linux]
<nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> I guess the only option is to go with the serial cable route, as described in this excellent blog. Then I can use my laptop directly to add the "/etc/init.d/S40shhd start" somewhere that it will run on boot. For less than $5 I ordered a pl2303hx usb-to-ttl(rs232) converter and a CD to Soundblaster cable. I report how it all went when the parts arrive. Regards...
>
> -Stevied
>
>
> ________________________________
> Posted by: stevedemento@yahoo.com
> ________________________________
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment