Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How To Play DVD In Ubuntu 14.04

 

As of now,after trying several distros, and saving the DVD discs in my desk drawer, I have
wound up with four computers with Ubuntu. The computers are 64 bit  ,3gig duo processors,
1 gig memory. One computer had Ubuntu 10.04 which I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.10. 32 bit.
NO PROBLEMS! The other three,I variously tried Zorin 32 bit,Mint 17.1 32 and 64 bit, Ubuntu
10.04 32 bit ,and 10.10 64 bit,and none of these distros worked with VLC.
  As I pointed out in my reference from itsfoss,this is a problem that others have. In other words,
many I have contacted say, "I never had a problem with VLC". That may be,but many have.
If I am screwing up,then I will accept the admonition. However, if there are problems with VLC,
I`d like to correct them without using terminal if possible. AGAIN. I`m a "NEWBIE",not a programmer.
One out of four of my boxes works flawlessly with VLC. Three do not. Using the best"IF/THEN" logic
I can muster, I`m merely trying to find out,"IF NOT/ THEN,or IF SO/THEN". I hope and pray I have done you no harm,and accept the terminal usage if I must.
                                     Thank You
                                               Respectfully
                                                      Newbie    
                                                         Gene Henley



On 01/20/2015 10:16 AM, Loyal Barber loyal_barber@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 


On 1/19/2015 10:52 PM, Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 

http://itsfoss.com/play-dvd-ubuntu-1310/

I STILL cannot play DVD`s with VLC on my Linux boxes.
This is a fix that I received,but my usage with terminal
is "NEWBIE". Is there a better way?
Gene H

<snip>
Gene,
You are killing me.  I don't have enough of the old messages left in line to put this in context.  The way I
remember this issue is you have several machines running various Linux Distros.  At the very least Ubuntu
14.10 and Linux Mint 17.1 with Mate desktop are included.  I thought the Mint desktop *DID* work for
playing DVDs but the Ubuntu 14.10 did not.  Please correct me or confirm I have this right.

Thanks,
Loyal


__._,_.___

Posted by: Gene Henley <mhenley2@verizon.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment