Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Help with script and regex.

 

On 20Jan2015 19:08, Emil Payne <ehspayne@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I can easily replace the brackets and double less than characters. I >only
used them to be sure I wasn't duplicating a character already in >a directory
name. However, I'm 99.9% sure there isn't, so I can >replace them with
something else. Any suggestions what to use that >wouldn't need to be escaped
in a script?

As discussed, none of these needs escaping in a script, so don't worry.

>I am going to sort them by YYYY-MM-DDD when I get finished, but I have
>a few intermediary steps to do first ...

Indeed. Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au>

A ridiculous place! Leaping from one bump to another, 187 corners or whatever
it was! The number of times I've thanked God when I finished a lap there!
It gave you amazing satisfaction, no doubt about it, but anyone who says he
loved it is either a liar or wasn't going fast enough! - Jackie Stewart

__._,_.___

Posted by: Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment