Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How To Play DVD In Ubuntu 14.04

 

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:34:59AM -0500, 'Neil Smith' neilsmith1357@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>
>
>
> lol that's why I said "looks like" that is a hint of uncertainty make sure you "read that more carefully" lol . anyway the premier download seems to be ver 14.04 lts, below is ver .10 plus only supported for 9 months! I would go with the premier product, like I mentioned before probably a driver issue with .10, you probably will have less issues with 14.04 I know I have not had any issues with it and like I said tested video file and dvd movie no issues.
>

Sometimes, the newer version really is, as Barney Stinson would say,
better. As for drivers, I would say that in most cases, newer will be
better and more likely to work. There are, most definitely, times when
that is not the case, and an upgrade of a driver breaks something.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment