Saturday, July 3, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Multi-boot headaches

 

I know this is a linux forum but I also know many of us multi-boot.
I need some help with installing and booting xp from a second hard
drive. I know there is a lot of information on google but I am getting
a migraine wading through it and restarting my machine with the xp
installation disc.
I know xp is being phased out but I need it for some games.

I have slackware and openbsd on /dev/sda. No problems there. I bought a
western digital caviar 680G
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=TSD-640AAKS%20TD>
This is an oem drive. I used cfdisk to give it a ntfs of 100g and then
formatted it with gparted. The problem I'm having is when I go to
install Windows I get to the screen about using a partition and I get
an error saying something like I don't have a valid xp partition. I've
tried deleting and letting windows create a partition but it refuses.
I was hoping to get this finished this weekend. Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Regards,
Donald Cooley

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment