Sunday, March 24, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] LILO Boot 2 SATA's??

 

I've done this for years with PATA's but am stuck trying the same routine
with a SATA drive BioStar MB: Is it me /or/ SATA /or/ ??

I installed Slackware 13.1 on a Samsung 80gB HD, as the only drive, and LILO
booted well and ran good, ext3 FS..

I installed Slack 13.1 on a Seagate 120gB HD, as the only drive, and LILO
booted well and ran good with JFS FS.. Both same machine except for the
drives of course..

After installing and running individually I wanted to fit the same two
drives as SATA1 and SATA2 in the same machine with SATA1, sda1, lilo.conf
edited and booting perfectly.. Then editing lilo.conf, on that drive, to
select boot SATA2, sdb1.. No joy, crash and burn half way thru the sdb
boot..

I tried all kinds of stuff including grub1 and grub2, rescue disks, etc, to
no avail so I thought maybe I couldn't do it with SATA drives.. I just can't
boot and run SATA2, sdb1, by itself.. I can merely plug and unplug the drive
as SATA1 but for the wear and tear of that.. Does this make sense?? I
haven't been able to find a suggested solution on the Web.. Plus, I want to
keep this simple, no virtuals, etc.. Might be impossible... TIA!!!

--
Hal UNIX-GNU/Linux; Slackware 13.1 kernel 2.6.33.4
www.asciiribbon.org

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment