Monday, March 25, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter

 

Do you mean you've tried plugging this USB LAN adapter in after you boot up to the desktop and it is not automatically seen? Did you try another Linux Live CD/DVD that is friendlier than Centos/Red Hat? I usually use mine when the on-board LAN is not seen.
Joan in Reno

--- On Mon, 3/25/13, Donald <tambeaud@personainternet.com> wrote:

From: Donald <tambeaud@personainternet.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, March 25, 2013, 1:52 PM

 

Hello Joan..I tried to reply to your message but it did not come up in the messages.

You wrote:

l've used one of these with Puppy Linux and a few other distros, but never had

to issue any commands in a terminal. It seems to auto-detect my 16-port switch

via 2Wire U-Verse modem. What distro are you using and desktop GUI?

Joan in Reno

I wrote:

I am using Cenros 5 and the GUI is Gnome. In Gnome, I access the Network Configuration from the System Administration menu. On the Network Ctonfiguration menu I see the Device eth0 Ethernet type which is now connected to the internet. The only other Device shouing is a wlan wlan0 wireless and is inactive. I do not see the USB Ethernet Adapter that is now connected to one of my USB ports. When I try to add a new Ethernet connection I am presented with a list of adapters. None of the adapters on the list resemble the "THE INTELLINET ADAOTER" which is what is written on the adapter. I tried to use one on the list that reads "USB CDC Ethernet driver" When I tried to activate this driver, I was told that an unhandled exeption has occured....a bug and to save the crash dump to a file and send to bugzilla!

Thank you

Don

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment