Monday, March 25, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter

 

Hello Joan..I tried to reply to your message but it did not come up in the messages.
You wrote:
l've used one of these with Puppy Linux and a few other distros, but never had
to issue any commands in a terminal. It seems to auto-detect my 16-port switch
via 2Wire U-Verse modem. What distro are you using and desktop GUI?
Joan in Reno

I wrote:
I am using Cenros 5 and the GUI is Gnome. In Gnome, I access the Network Configuration from the System Administration menu. On the Network Ctonfiguration menu I see the Device eth0 Ethernet type which is now connected to the internet. The only other Device shouing is a wlan wlan0 wireless and is inactive. I do not see the USB Ethernet Adapter that is now connected to one of my USB ports. When I try to add a new Ethernet connection I am presented with a list of adapters. None of the adapters on the list resemble the "THE INTELLINET ADAOTER" which is what is written on the adapter. I tried to use one on the list that reads "USB CDC Ethernet driver" When I tried to activate this driver, I was told that an unhandled exeption has occured....a bug and to save the crash dump to a file and send to bugzilla!

Thank you
Don

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment