Sunday, March 24, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to Linux

 

On Mar 24, 2013 4:22 AM, "Zed" <zed@zed.net.nz> wrote:
>
> "jerold222" <jerold222@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been doing some research on putting Linux on a laptop. Not a geek
> > at all but have reinstalled xp by myself. I see there is a lot of
argument
> > about the different flavors of Linux.
> >
> > What I am considering is picking up an an old Thinkpad T60 with out an
OS,
> > 60 to 80 Gb, 1 to 2 Gb Ram and a DVD RW (100 to 150 US$)and loading
Linux
> > Mint. What are your thoughts?
> >
> > At this point I do not want to partition my good desktop PC.
>
> Excellent choice. I have a T60 with similar specifications and run
> LinuxMint (LMDE) without any trouble at all.
>
> Zed
> --
> Zed
> A Closet is a dark room where queer things develope!

I agree. I had both a T60 and a T61 and both were pretty solid machines.
Back before think pads became consumer crap.

You'd also probably be happy with an X201 as well. I use that currently
with Ubuntu as my work travel machine and it has served me very well all
over the world.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (99)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment