Saturday, March 9, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux Updates

 



Sa Mär 09 13:19:41 2013
Good afternoon
Thank You for help.

> There is no reason the latest version of whatever couldn't be built
> from source on your machine if desired. Granted that may still be
> considered bad luck, but it is an option.
>

I've often seen plenty of reasons later code could not be built.
Configure scripts look for >= versions of development packages to build
against. Often if one software package is out of date many are, and that
leaves you with tool chains that do not meet minimum requirements.
*
OK

I run Debian stable so I see it all of the time. I don't know why
developers set such stringent standards, I suspect they don't even
realize they're doing it half of the time, it works for them, so they
don't give it another thought. Everyone should be running the
distribution they are, etc. etc. It could also be laziness, or simple
incompetence too.
*
OK
Question:
I use Gimp.
I can start it with the terminal.
But I cannot start it with the gui. Then there is an error.
Is their a way to repeat it?
*
Question:
I install on one Linux: Audio-Rekorder
Fine.
I install on another Linux: Audio Rekorder. But this time I cannot use
the program. What shall I do?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment